|Keep the pressure off, man.|
1) Get acupuncture. Several studies show that acupuncture can be very useful in treating hypertension.
2) Lose weight. Obesity is well-known to be a major contributor to high blood pressure. Cleaning up your diet and getting started on a regular, well-designed exercise program will go a long way in reducing your blood pressure numbers.
3) Get more sleep. Studies have found a direct link to sleeping less than 6 hours per night and hypertension, and a lesser, but still significant, link to sleeping poorly and hypertension. So if you suspect you might have a sleep disorder, get a sleep study done and find out how it can be fixed. Need more info on getting enough sleep? Read this.
4) Eat protein from plants. Several studies show that protein, and plant protein in particular, help to lower blood pressure. (It's also necessary for muscle maintenance!)
5) Scientifically proven blood pressure-lowering foods to include in your diet:
-berries and cherries
-wild-caught coldwater fish/fish oil/flaxseed oil/hempseed oil/chia seeds/other omega-3 fatty acids
-whole (not instant) oats
-broccoli and broccoli sprouts
-natto (if you can stand the taste)
-cocoa (processed correctly and sans sugar)
6) Supplements for blood pressure
-fish, krill, flax, or vegetarian DHA-EPA oil
Give some of these a try and let me know how it goes!
If you have anything to add, please do-- questions and comments, post below!