Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On Agave

A lot of people have recently been excitedly telling me about switching from sugar to agave syrup as a healthy move. It kinda broke their hearts when I told them that agave isn't the superfood it's being made out to be. Agave syrup is being marketed as a low-glycemic food, suitable for diabetics. As you may or may not know, I don't feel that the glycemic index is an accurate measurement of a food's sugar effects on the body and should be taken with (get ready for it... here it is...) a grain of salt.

Now that you've wiped the tears of laughter from your eyes from that joke, I'd like to point you to a well-researched article I found about agave which echoes my sentiments very nicely. http://www.living-foods.com/articles/agave.html

Read it, think about it, and post your thoughts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment