Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Lotus

My client, Bhanu, told me the following story today, and I thought I would pass it on to you. My apologies if I mess it up in the telling, but the gist is the same:


Before Bhanu started training with me, she went in to her doctor and had a discussion with him about her lifestyle. When she told him about her activity level, he replied, "So, you're sedentary, then."

Repeating the story to friends later over dinner, Bhanu said, "Does sedentary mean I'm like the mud that settles at the bottom of the pond?"

Her friend laughed and responded, "Remember, though, that from that mud blooms the lotus flower. It takes a lot of work for it to make its way out of the mud and to the surface, but when it does, it blooms beautifully."

Well, Bhanu made a decision then to get active and eat healthfully, and yes, it was a hell of a lot of work. But she is blooming beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment